This requirement was added to USA Gymnastics Member Club Registration Requirements, beginning with the 2017-2018 season as shown below.
To register your organization with USA Gymnastics as a Member Club, you must agree to and comply with the following requirements for the entire membership or registration term, certification of which must be made annually upon application or renewal:
- Have a policy consistent with USA Gymnastics’ Safe Sport Policy that affirms your commitment to the welfare of gymnastics participants in your organization and includes, at minimum,
– a description of conduct that will not be tolerated,
– standards of behavior for your staff/volunteers that promote participant welfare, including elimination of privacy, identifying boundaries if physical contact is a necessary part of the activity, and encouraging parental monitoring.
- Establish proactive polices to eliminate the opportunity of grooming behaviors and a process for receiving and handling complaints regarding conduct that violates your policies.
- Not hire or be associated in any way with any person who is permanently ineligible for membership in USA Gymnastics, a list of whom is available at www.usagym.org/ineligible, or any person who is listed on a federal or state sex-offender registry, a search for which may be conducted at www.nsopw.gov.
- Maintain current commercial general liability insurance that includes, at minimum, participant liability and participant accident medical insurances.
- An owner of private gymnastics facility and/or the managing director of a public/non-profit facility must maintain a current Professional membership with a current Safety, Background and U110 Certification at all times during the club membership.
- Have a mission statement consistent with USA Gymnastics’ mission to encourage participation and the pursuit of excellence in all aspects of gymnastics.